Performance Management Program
Today, getting the most out of individual and company performance depends on aligning company strategy with the goals and outputs across the organization.
Effective performance management systems and practices help employees give their best performance in line with the organization's goals. Doing this well means managers need to be skilled at setting goals, evaluating performance objectively and offering feedback.
Understand why effective performance management matters and learn how to set goals, monitor performance and manage evaluation interviews. When done well, performance management raises employee’s discretionary effort while boosting performance and retention.
- Managers, leaders and HR staff who conduct evaluation interviews
- Anyone who wants to improve the performance of their team members
Can be conducted both in person and online
- Understand what performance management is and the essentials of how it works
- Discuss best practices of performance management
- Understand the importance of setting goals
- Gain coaching skills (with a focus on feedback skills and active listening skills) to develop or improve others’ performance
- Learn how to conduct a performance review conversation
- Confirm the interpretation of performance ratings among all evaluators and reexamine your own understanding of the ratings to minimize bias
Five 2.5-hour sessions.
This program covers the same material as the in-person version.
Learning Methods and Tools
The program centers on experiential learning and uses a wide variety of group exercises for applying and practicing skills including:
- Individual reflection
- Pair, small group and classroom discussion
- Role plays and real plays
- Personal action planning
Optional, can be customized to fit to your needs.
- Understanding the definition, importance, and cycle of performance management
- Share your current situation: successes and challenges in evaluating performance
- Learn and practice skills that can be used during the performance review conversations
- Confirm the importance of goal setting and learn how to do it effectively
- Discuss the overall structure for conducting a performance review conversation
- Coaching skills necessary for performance review conversations
- Practice conduct a performance review conversation