Change Leadership Program
We are surrounded by change in today’s work environment, from new business models, systems, business requirements and stakeholder expectations. Yet most companies’ change efforts fail because they rely on top-down management approaches instead of inclusive leadership approaches to making lasting change.
Learn the qualities and behaviors required to lead change successfully in your organization. From reflecting on your own strengths and development areas to experimental activities and skill practice sessions, you will leave this program with a practical action plan designed for making real change happen.
- Anyone, regardless of seniority, who is in a position to lead change at a department, division or organization
- Anyone who is responsible for implementing new technologies, processes, business strategies, systems in an organization
This program can be delivered in-person and online
- Learn how to avoid eight common pitfalls of implementing change
- Articulate and communicate a clear and compelling vision for change
- Learn how to deal with resistance to change
- Understand how to design a plan for accelerating the pace of change
- Gain insights about your own leadership strengths and improvement areas
- Design a plan for change based on your own department’s specific needs
This program covers the same material as the in-person version.
Learning Methods and Tools
This program centers on experiential learning and uses a wide variety of group exercises for applying and practicing skills including:
- Individual reflection
- Pair, small-group and classroom discussion
- Role play with cases
- Personal action planning
- Change Leadership: Understanding 8 common pitfalls of change
- Case study: Recognize the problems leaders face in leading organizational change and develop a strategy for managing change.
- Analyze your own change leader competencies
- Learn how to build a sense of urgency
- Understanding what a vision for change is
- Build a vision for change
- Communicate your vision for change
- Design a plan to accelerate change
- Understand why people resist change and how to deal with it
- Create a plan for advancing your change initiative